Thought of the Day…A spark neglected makes a mighty fire. ~Robert Herrick
- My Baby Steps* days aren’t happening in “real time” … as in each day. Seems like my life is still nuts and I can’t still get my tasks done each day. I’m getting better, but not as good as I want to be. (*Don’t know about my Baby Step process? You can get caught up by reading about my Baby Steps.)
Baby Steps, Day 6 is “Hot Spots”
- Get up and dressed – YEP
- Keep your sink shining – YEP
- Go to Big Tent and read messages – YEP and NOPE
- Look at sticky notes in the kitchen and bathroom – YEP
- Recognizing the negative voices when you hear them and changing the words to be nice to you. That is what FLYing (Finally Loving Yourself) is all about. – YEP
- Learn about Hot Spots – YEP
- Start putting out your Hot Spots – YEP
The FlyLady explains that a Hot Spot is an “area when left unattended will gradually take over.” She compares a Hot Spot to a forest fire. If you leave it alone it is going to get out of control. That analogy makes soooo much sense!!
Think about it… If it’s not dealt with, a hot spot will take over and possibly consume a whole room or the house/apartment. It’s the first thing you see when you walk into a room.
Our kitchen island is like a magnet for stuff… it drives me NUTS!!
Step 7 is when you’re supposed to work for 2 minutes and putting out your Hot Spot. You’re not supposed to clear it at once; just what you can done in 2 minutes.
I didn’t read as much as I thought I would on Big Tent (step 3) because I couldn’t find much. I get emails from FlyLady and felt like I wasted a bunch of time looking for things on Big Tent. Next time, I’m going to look around the FlyLady site instead.
For those out there who are doing the Baby Steps and FLYING, am I missing something?
How’d you like my photos this time? Didn’t really have any other photos to share… I took the forest fire photo in South Dakota in 2001 and the other two file photos were in a fire pit outside our hotel room in San Diego Christmas Eve 2007.
Do you have any Hot Spots? Share, please!!!