Happy Valentine’s Day!
I wanted to surprise my Sweeties with something special this year. So following along and see their surprise. 😀
Cast of Characters:
Reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), clear vanilla, clear butter flavor, powdered sugar (I needed more than shown here)
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and butter flavoring with electric mixer on medium speed until very smooth.
Slowly beat in powdered sugar one half cup at a time. Beat until smooth.
Notice the “SLOWLY” in the above? Well… I forgot that part and here’s what happened…
Yep, powdered sugar went flying all over everything, including the floor. 🙁 This is not the first time I have forgotten the “slowly” part. I really need to remember that part!! 😉
If desired, add your favorite food coloring. Mixing well until color is evenly distributed.
Frost cake or cookies when cool. Refrigerate leftover frosting as well as cookies and cakes (due to cream cheese).
Here is what Hubby and The Offspring found when they walked into the kitchen… over 100 mini cupcakes with a reduced fat cream cheese frosting.
Admittedly, the cupcakes are from mixes. I used Dr. Oetker Organic Vanilla Cake and Dr. Oetker Organic Chocolate Cake mixes. The boxes said to cook cupcakes 20-25 minutes, so to make mini cupcakes I cooked them for 11 minutes. They turned out perfectly.
Remember my Do I need to be committed post? Remember those cute pink Le Creuset mini spatulas?
Well, because I want to share the love this Valentine’s Day I am giving away a one of those cute brand new Le Creuset mini spatulas. Winner will be randomly drawn after giveaway closes Wednesday, February 16 at 11:59pm USA Pacific Standard Time.
To qualify for the giveaway you have to do the following:
- Be a follower – using Google Friend Connect (located in the top right column)
- Leave a comment telling me what you’re doing for Valentine’s Day or if you received a special gift tell me about it.
- You can earn an extra point by following via email RSS if you are currently only use Google Friend Connect. Click on the link at the top right corner of the page. Once you sign up, come back here and leave a comment for your extra point.
This giveaway is sponsored by ME. Le Creuset is not sponsoring this giveaway.
Happy Valentine’s Day! 😀
To get a printer friendly copy of the recipe, go here. (If link doesn’t work it is because the recipe is still under review.)
Cream Cheese Frosting, Reduced Fat
Serving Size: 1
Yield: 2.5 cups (120 1-tsp servings)
8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
2 teaspoons vanilla, clear
1 teaspoon butter flavor, clear
6 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and butter flavoring with electric mixer on medium speed until very smooth.
2. Slowly beat in powdered sugar one half cup at a time. Beat until smooth.
3. If desired, add your favorite food coloring. Mixing well until color is evenly distributed.
4. Frost cake or cookies when cool.
5. Refrigerate leftover frosting as well as cookies and cakes (due to cream cheese).
Servings: 120 1-tsp servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 0.37g
Total Carbs: 5.06g
Dietary Fiber: —