Wow, I really do suck. I posted Tuesday Trivia and then never came back and gave you the answers… Mama has been after me to answer these… SORRY!
So, without further delay… here we go:
Q: According to pre-1970s editions of The Joy of Cooking, what do you feed an opossum before killing and cooking it?
A: Milk and cereal, for 10 days.
Q: In 1985, what product was only on the market for 78 days, but is still famous today??
A: New Coke
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
A. Niagara Falls .. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
A. Asparagus and rhubarb.
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
A. It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
6. Three words in standard English begin with the letters ‘dw’ and they are all common words. Name two of them.
A. Dwarf, dwell and dwindle…
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
A. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter ‘S’.
A. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes,stockings, stilts.
10. What two Summer Olympic sports where men are barred from competing?
A. Synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics. (source: Yahoo! Sports)
Sorry again for making you wait oh so very long! I have come up with a new method for giving you the answers that won’t entail you waiting MONTHS for the answers. 😉